52yr Old Woman Gives Birth To Her First Child In Bayelsa

52

A 52-year-old woman, Mrs Kate Fezigha, has given birth to her first baby, which came after 19 years of her marriage.
The new mother, who is a midwife at the General Hospital, Sagbama in Bayelsa State, got married in 1994 and has supervised the delivery of many children but she never had a child........continue

Her attempt to adopt a child from a Bayelsa-based orphanage home was scuttled, as she was swindled by the coordinator of the home.
Sometime last year, her menstrual flow ceased and Fezigha concluded that menopause had set in and her chances of having a child gone. Thereafter, she started experiencing regular dizziness and pains in some parts of her body and went for a test and the scan showed she was pregnant.
Nine months after, she gave birth to a baby girl named Prudent on June 3, 2013.
Fezigha told Leadership Sunday, at the dedication of the child and thanksgiving service, in Yenagoa that the conception and birth of the “miracle baby” was “the Lord’s doing and it is indeed marvellous”.
She said the pressure on her during her 19-year wait was unbearable, especially as the children she assisted their mothers to be delivered had become parents.
She said: “I was worried that all the children I had taken delivery of while on duty in the hospital were now parents. I reflected and declared to myself that in spite of the fact that no child had died in my hand during birth as a midwife, why shouldn’t I have mine? But a voice kept telling me to redouble my effort and I shall be blessed.
“But the mysterious voice started reducing in my head as I was fast losing hope. I decided to adopt a baby from an orphanage and I was swindled. At this stage, I ignored the voice and handed the matter over to God. And now I am a happy mother.”
We gathered that it was a mysterious sickness that led her into going for a scan that revealed a fibroid or cyst. Another scan revealed that she was pregnant. “I had mixed feelings after the second scan. I even told my husband that it’s false pregnancy. When my husband asked me what that meant, I became his lecturer, telling him what it meant and saw the expectation of a pregnancy in his eyes.
“A few months later, I started seeing some changes in my body. Throughout this period, I could not go to work and had to be hospitalised twice before I was delivered of the baby. Those who knew me could not believe it and screamed when they saw my protruding stomach. They screamed and shouted praise the Lord.”
Basking in the euphoria of her new bundle of joy, Fezigha told Leadership Sunday that “her family is full of praises to God. All the period of waiting was not easy, but I am comforted by the word of God. Women who are hoping to have children should put their trust in God”.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PIB MUSIC VIDEO: .mp4 Fresh Dolla – Faya Faya ft. Tonto Dikeh