Sturridge: Gerrard will be Liverpool manager

Sturridge: Gerrard will be Liverpool manager 
The former England captain will join LA Galaxy at the end of the current Premier League campaign but his team-mate believes he will return to the club in the future

Daniel Sturridge has backed Liverpool team-mate Steven Gerrard to one day manage the club as he prepares to leave Anfield at the end of the season.

Gerrard turned down
the opportunity to sign a new contract with the Reds and will instead join LA Galaxy when his current deal ends in June.

But Sturridge - who admits he is devastated that the former England captain has chosen to leave the club - believes the 34-year-old will eventually return to take the managerial reins.

"Words can't describe what he's done for Liverpool as well as his country," he told BBC Radio 5Live.

"He's still a role model of mine. I look up to him, I think everyone in the squad does. He'll be sorely missed - he's somebody who's given me a lot of experience and helped me to improve as a person and a footballer.

"He's still one of the best players. He'll be hard to replace from a footballing side, let alone in the dressing room.

"It's been a pleasure to play with him. I'm devastated he's leaving. I think he'll be at the club in some capacity very soon and I'm sure he'll manage the club one day."

Sturridge, meanwhile, could make his first appearance since August following an extended injury lay-off when Brendan Rodgers' side host West Ham on Saturday.

The former Chelsea forward travelled to America as part of his rehabilitation, and he believes the mental side of his game has improved during his time on the sidelines.

"I'm just looking forward to getting back involved - that's the main thing for me. I'm feeling great. I can't wait to get back playing again," he said.

"It's been very frustrating but it's all a learning curve - these experiences help you learn something new. It's been great for the mental side of my game, I've improved that.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PIB MUSIC VIDEO: .mp4 Fresh Dolla – Faya Faya ft. Tonto Dikeh